ACW is the industry’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of Heat Resistant Plastic Hardware
ACW now offers Flame Retardant (FR) treated nylon webbing that meets horizontal and vertical burn testing (FAR 25.853). In addition, our Kevlar, Nomex and PBI materials meet NFPA standards. ACW’s FireLoc® line of heat stabilized nylon injection molded plastic is designed and manufactured for high heat applications.
FireLoc® heat stabilized plastic fasteners and buckles
In response to the need for plastic hardware capable of meeting UL/ULC and NFPA standards for heat resistant hardware we at ACW have engineered a plastic hardware line specifically designed to withstand high-heat applications. These heat stabilized products have been tested and approved by Underwriters Laboratories for use in the United States and Canada. For a complete list of stock numbers and item descriptions, please contact one of our knowledgeable customer care representatives to request more information.
To meet the needs and expectations of our customers ever evolving applications we have developed a full line of Flame Resistant (FR) treated nylon webbing that meets the horizontal and vertical burn testing requirements of FAR 25.853. In addition, our Kevlar, Nomex and PBI materials meet the NFPA standards for flame resistance as well.
UL/ULC Approved Standards of Safety: Plastic Hardware & Webbing
- NFPA 1951, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents, 2013 Edition
- NFPA 2112, Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire, 2012 Edition
- NFPA 1975, Standard on Emergency Services Work Clothing Elements, 2014 Edition
- NFPA 1999, Standard on Protective Clothing for Emergency Medical Operations, 2013 Edition
- CAN/CGSB 155.20, Standard on Workwear for Protection Against Hydrocarbon Flash Fire, 2000 Edition
- NFPA 1971, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting, 2013 Edition
- CAN/CGSB 155.22, Standard on Fireline Workwear for Forest Firefighters, 2014 Edition
- NFPA 1977, Standard on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting, 2016 Edition
- NFPA 1983, Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services, 2017 Edition
FAR (Federal Aviation Regulation) Compliance: Flame Retardant Treated Webbing
- FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part 1 (a)(1)(ii) Vertical Burn Test Requirements: FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part 1(b)(4)
- FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part 1 (a)(1)(iv) Horizontal Burn Test Requirements: FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part 1(b)(5)
Our engineers and design staff will work with you to develop products designed to fit your needs within your budget.