WEBBING & CORD | FIRE RESISTANT & FLAME RETARDANT WEBBING & CORD
ACW DESIGNS, MANUFACTURES AND SUPPLIES FLAME RETARDANT WEBBING AND FLAME RESISTANT WEBBING
Our webbing and cord serves a variety of applications including fire safety and military.
CUSTOM WEBBING & REVERSE ENGINEERING OPTIONS
Flame Resistant (FR) Webbing and Cord: Implies the nature of the natural material is inherently resistant to catching fire. Often this webbing and cord are self extinguishing.
Webbing and Cord materials include Kevlar, Nomex and PBI. Our Webbing is UL certified to NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) Standards for Safety and flame resistance.
Flame Retardant Webbing: Webbing that is treated or coated with a flame retardant chemical, coating or additive to the raw material which gives the product its FR characteristics. This product does not resist fire and can still catch on fire or melt but it will self extinguish.
ACW’s flame retardant webbing is certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories) to FAR standards (FAR 25.853) for safety passing both vertical and horizontal burn tests.
APPROVED STANDARDS OF SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE INFORMATION:
- NFPA 1951, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents, 2013 Edition
- NFPA 1971, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting, 2018 Edition
- NFPA 1975, Standard on Emergency Services Work Clothing Elements, 2014 Edition
- NFPA 1977, Standard on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting, 2016 Edition
- NFPA 1983, Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services, 2017 Edition
- NFPA 1999, Standard on Protective Clothing for Emergency Medical Operations, 2018 Edition
- NFPA 2112, Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire, 2018 Edition
- CAN/CGSB 155.20, Standard on Workwear for Protection Against Hydrocarbon Flash Fire and Optionally Steam and Hot Fluids, 2017 Edition
- CAN/CGSB 155.22, Standard on Fireline Workwear for Forest Firefighters, 2014 Edition
- ASTM F 1506, Standard Performance Specification for Flame Resistant and Electric Arc Rated Protective Clothing Worn by Workers Exposed to Flames and Electric Arcs, 2018 Edition
- FAR 25.853 Appendix F: Part 1 (a) (1) (iv) – Horizontal Burn
- FAR 25.853 Appendix F: Part 1 (a) (1) (iv) – Vertical Burn
LEARN MORE ABOUT ACW’S OFFERINGS
Custom webbing and woven designs, reengineered to meet your needs
Heat resistant buckles to compliment your FR webbing
View our product catalogs to learn more about how our offerings can help you