Apply and join the ACW family
At ACW, we are always seeking experienced individuals to expand our team. Please take a look at our current job opportunities, and see if any match your skills, experience, and interest!
ACW's CORE VALUES
Prior to applying, please review our core values, which are central to how we do business. If you think you match our values, we would love to hear from you.
- HONESTY & KEEPING OUR COMMITMENTS
- ALWAYS DOING THE RIGHT THING TO KEEP OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY
- HAVING KNOWLEDGEABLE & COMMITTED EMPLOYEES
- CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT ALONG ALL AVENUES
- LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE
Current Job Opportunities
Quality Assurance Manager
Manage all aspects of the quality management system along with all activities associated with ACW’s various certifications and to lead quality improvement efforts. Responsible for ensuring that ACW’s products or services meet the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance in accordance with organizational standards.
- Ownership and execution of the quality management system.
- Coordinate all activities associated with ACW’s ISO 9001:2015, Underwriter’s Laboratory and Military certifications.
- Lead root cause investigation and development of corrective action plans for all customer complaints.
- Direct inspection and testing activities of Quality personnel and when necessary, will perform inspection and testing activities.
- Hire, develop and train Quality personnel as needed.
- Collects, analyzes and utilizes data to lead continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and implement quality assurance policies, and procedures.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 guidelines.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor risk management activities.
- Responsible for document management systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 guidelines.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Preferred College degree in business, operations management, engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Quality and operations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be results oriented.
- Strong judgement skills.
- Must have good teamwork skills.
- Customer service orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Weaving Mechanic / Loom Fixer
The Weaving Mechanic / Loom Fixer is responsible for repair, maintenance and operation of all equipment used in the weaving operation. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the mechanics of needle looms, the construction of webbing and tapes, as well as the ability to analyze webbing samples to determine warp, stuffer, binder, weft and catch counts and yarn deniers.
Control, process and maintain yarn inventory and material for production equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift trucks and pallet jacks in an efficient and safe manner.
- Receive and load materials on production machines
- Store raw material to assure they are identified and their storage location is recorded for retrieval.
- Retrieve production material from storage racks and deliver to production machines as needed
- Replace empty raw material with new raw material
- Maintain inventory
- Ability to lift boxes weighing 60 pounds or less.
- Inspection of lift trucks, pallet jacks, beam carts, beams and all other equipment as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and stoop for long periods of time
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- Ability to complete required paperwork accurately and neatly
- Ability to pass forklift training and hands-on test to ACW Standards
- Must be dependable, punctual, good work ethic, reliable, good communication skills, good comprehension skills.
Benefits are as follows: 401K matching, dental, vision, health, insurance, flexible spending account, overtime, bonus pay / year-end and holiday (holiday is half week paycheck for all employees) up to $1000, flexible schedule, referral program.
Send resume(s) to: Send resumes to ACW, Attn: Jordan Krauss, 88 Century Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895 USA. Must ref job title & code: NFTM-SO.
The descriptions above should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed in this job.
American Cord & Webbing Co, Inc. is an equal opportunity employment/affirmative action employer.